Imagine the possibilities… We did.
When we developed Colorado Stargazing: Experience the Night, we imagined:
• A self-guided tour of several Colorado locations offering some of the best stargazing in the state.
• A statewide marketing initiative that would drive tourism to Colorado’s rural areas and boost economies via overnight stays.
• A new-found awareness for conservation and sustainable travel in line with the values shared with the Colorado Tourism Office and Coloradans across the state.
• A collaboration across several of the newly identified Colorado regions, including Pikes Peaks Wonders, the Mystic San Luis Valley, and Mountains and Mesas.
• A program with room to grow.
The result? We Won!
The Colorado Tourism Office awarded the Outstanding Marketing Program Award at the 2020 Governor’s Tourism Conference to Colorado Stargazing, a program they defined as a novel travel opportunity for all ages and one which led to one of tourism’s most coveted economic benefits—overnight stays.
Over the course of 5 months, Colorado Stargazing garnered…
• Over 15,000 page views
• 3,000 Instagram followers
• 13,000 Facebook post engagements
• Articles in 5280, Roadtrippers, 303 Magazine, and more
Discover Colorado Stargazing at colorado.com/coloradostargazing
Imagine what VistaWorks can do for you and your destination. Tap into our network and enjoy the benefits of our creativity for a marketing program that brings results. Give us a call or shoot us a message. We’re happy to chat about your ideas while also suggesting a few of our own.